Documentation | Support
With PVB Contact Form 7 Calculator Pro, you can easily turn any CF7 form into a quote or price estimate calculator. Calculated fields are based on user input and selections in other parts of the form.
- Multiple calculated fields – you can have as many as you like in the same form!
- Advanced calculations – set your custom formula based on user input, for example:
cost_per_day * days * (1 + (tax_percentage / 100))
- PayPal and Stripe integration – receive instant payments from your site visitors based on calculated values.
- Hide calculated fields – they can be visible to the user or not. Your choice!
- Intermediate calculation steps – calculated fields can be based on other calculated fields. They are evaluated in order, from top to bottom.
- Assign numeric values to text fields – for example, you can assign a specific price to each choice in a drop-down menu.
- Server-side calculation – you don’t have to disclose your top secret formula! Calculations are performed behind the scenes, on the server.
- Calculate on button click – you can let your users trigger the calculations without submitting the form.
- Calculate on submit – values are always calculated on submit, so you can use them in your notification emails.
- Calculate on other events – you can also trigger calculations from another script at any time!
- Correct floating-point math – PVB Contact Form 7 Calculator Pro handles decimal floating-point numbers properly, unlike many online calculators that introduce rounding errors when converting to binary and back, yielding incorrect results (such as 0.6 + 0.3 = 0.8999).
- Currency conversion – use up-to-date currency exchange rates in your formulas.
- Custom PHP code – the calculator is not advanced enough for you? Now you can run any PHP code in your calculation formulas. For security reasons, this feature is disabled by default and you must explicitly enable it from the Options page.
- Reference external spreadsheets – need to update your price list frequently? The calculator can look up data from an online spreadsheet in various formats (Google Sheets, Excel, CSV…)
- Calculate travel distance and time – integration with Google Maps API allows you to work with addresses and locations.
We have prepared a live demo to let you see the capabilities of
PVB Contact Form 7 Calculator for yourself.
Evi Garhöfer/Weaverbird WebDesign –
A great Plugin – was exactly what we needed for a car rental site. The client wanted a quite complex and advanced calculator with several different options.
With Petko’s support and help we could finish this project.
We got immediate response to our emails and professional support. Thank you very much. We would give 10 stars … and can only recommend this plugin.
Great job, we ask Petko to integrate his plugin to our web site https://mincar.dk. Job was done in one day. Plugin works great with booking form CF7 and calculate price to be paid with Paypal. Thank you!
PO Michel (verified owner) –
Great and cheap plugin, excellent support from Petko !
alex (verified owner) –
Great plugin with an incredibly fast and very good support by Petko – thank you very much! 🙂
Cindy (verified owner) –
I had to reach out to Petko for some help with this plugin and he was amazingly helpful getting it set up and it works great for the site I needed it for. I did have a few issues that were unrelated but once I got some sleep I managed to figure them out on my own. Thank you! 🙂
Adrian (verified owner) –
I am really liking this plugin. I had a task to come up with a reasonably complex formula with multiple variables and extra costing only coming into play if those variables met certain values, as well as doing extra calculations based on the result of previous calculations, and I was able to get it done with PVB CF7 Calculator Pro with relative ease. Thanks for a great plugin Petko!
Amir El-Gohary (verified owner) –
1) Amazing plugin
2) Amazing Support
Keep it up!
Marius (verified owner) –
The plugin is just what I need for my website, dont look any further if you need to calculate anything on your site…plus the support is very fast and professional. Thanks!
André Fernandes –
Loved the free plugin but needed some paid aspects, I asked Petko first if it would be able to do it, and he made me and example! He even supported me in every little detail!
There is no better support
Thank you so mutch Petko!
Great Plugin, What I Require For One Of My Website Auto Date Calculation For Booking Purpose As Well As No Of Nights Comes.
Great Support Perfect Documentation.
Toshe (verified owner) –
Great plugin, maybe some features miss but it’s easily exchanged with the support that offers it through codes. Would like to see better version with more options.
ali hassan cheema –
Can I get it free?
There is a free (limited) version on the WordPress plugin repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/pvb-contact-form-7-calculator/
Is it possible to use short codes for field values?
Shayan Ahmed –
Hi, I’ve purchased this snippet to implement distance and time on my website. I’ve just followed every step you mentioned into your documentation, also simply I’ve just copied your code from your wp demo website but I does not work for me. Please help me. When I’ve to insert pick and drop location the calculation goes to zero.
Very nice Pulgin, thank you very much. 🙂
For some reason the automatic calculation does not work for me when using a calculation button. Any suggestions? I am using this line of code: [calculate_button name cf7-hide autocalc]
Hi Nico, your code looks correct. Another element on the page might be blocking the automatic calculation script. Try looking in the browser console for errors. Feel free to try the support forum if you need additional help.
Ryan Aarstad (verified owner) –
30 minutes in still can’t find the documentation 🤡 Should it really be this complicated?
Sorry about your experience, Ryan. Your feedback will be taken into account and the documentation will be displayed in a more prominent place in a future release.
Alex Mark –
Hi, I installed the free version of your plugin and it gave me a fatal error on my site, is the premium version updated? because I realized that the free version hasn’t been updated for a year… I’m interested in using your plugin, but do you have support available?
The error it shows is the following
Fatal error: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /home/dskmrklx/wst.beauty/wp-content/plugins/pvb-contact-form-7-calculator/lib/wpSettingsFramework/class-wordpresssettingsframework.php on line 531
Hi Alex, the premium version is updated and compatible with PHP 8. The free version on wordpress.org will also be updated as soon as possible. I try to provide support to everyone as time allows, and there are community boards where you can exchange experience and advice: https://bossakov.eu/my-account/forum/forum/pvb-contact-form-7-calculator/
Please *** Not working with php 8.0 ***
Website no longer accessible after conversion to php 8.0. The following error:
Fatal error: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /homepages/21/d4294975406/htdocs/web2018_werner/wp-content/plugins/pvb-cf7-calculator-pro-1.6.4/lib/wpSettingsFramework/WordPressSettingsFramework.php on line 584
Please help us 🙂
Hello Sonja, you can try installing the latest version of the plugin, which should be compatible with PHP 8. To upgrade, download the new version from your original download link (it always points to the latest version), then upload the new zip file in the Plugins section of the WordPress dashboard. Let me know if that helps with your problem. In case you have lost your original email receipt with the download link in it, let me know and I will be happy to send it to you again.